Hybrid Tap Classes
Summer Session runs from June 20 - August 7, 2022. Check here for SUMMER SESSION class schedule and more details.
Fall Session runs from September 12 - December 18, 2022. Check here for FALL SESSION class schedle and more details.
All of our classes will be in person and there will also be an online option for those who need it. The videos of the classes will also be available if you miss the class in person AND online! Only paid students receive a video if they request it. For those who choose the online option, follow the instructions below.
Here is what you need to know for CLASSES IN THE STUDIO:
Safety and health is our main concern at Knock On Wood Tap Studio. We require that you provide proof of vaccination (and booster if possible) to us to have on file, in addition to signing the COVID waiver, if you wish to dance in person. Children under the age of 12 do not have to show proof but we encourage and hope that that age group will be able to show proof, too. Proof can be the paper card, a digital copy, or a digital passport of some kind plus your ID (drivers license or similar ID).
For those who choose to dance with us in person, you will also have to sign our COVID waiver and email it to the studio, along with your proof of vaccination, BEFORE you attend classes. Be advised that the waiver has a requirement that you wear a mask at all times in our studio. You can find the COVID waiver here.
At this moment in time, we are not restricting the capacity of our classes, but that could change depending on the pandemic and safety. We will only have classes in Studio A and Studio B at this time. You can find other questions answered in the KOW FAQs. Our registration is all online through Mindbody, and it is preferable that you register and pay online so it is not necessary to do so at the studio.
Here is what you need to know for ONLINE CLASSES:
We are keeping the virtual class option, for those who wish to attend over Zoom. Grab your tap shoes and a portable floor, or grab your sneakers and a kitchen
floor, and join in from near or far!
Your instructor will be sending required links to all who have signed up. Using this link will connect you to each class through the platform Zoom.
1) You DON'T need to download Zoom. Each teacher will send an email before class with the link you'll need to click on, which takes you straight to class.
2) If you can, please download the MINDBODY app to your phone (Apple app is here, or Google Play is here), so you can check in, buy a class card, etc. We are charging our regular tuition for these classes, so this will help us accurately track who is logging in with us. If you already have a registration or a class card, you can continue to redeem those thru these classes. Once you have an account through MINDBODY you can register and and pay through that platform going forward, as well. If you’re not yet set up on MINDBODY and need some help, email us!
3) You should have something to watch class from – a computer or an iPad is best. We DON'T recommend a phone (the quality is worse, and it's hard to see on a tiny screen). You will need an internet connection. Set the screen up somewhere that you can see it clearly and comfortably, and have some free space to move, and turn your volume UP :)
4) Floors and shoes:
5) Get on a teacher's email list! If you haven't already heard from your teacher, or if you're new (or returning after a break) to Knock On Wood, just email us and we can help! Include the level you want to take, the age group of the class you want, and if you're looking for a particular teacher, etc. We can
make sure the right teacher adds you to their email list to keep you in the loop for all their upcoming classes.
6) Please remember safety first while participating in class without a physical instructor present. Make sure you have parental permission if you are a minor, a safe space to move around in, and do not attempt anything that you do not feel 100% comfortable with. By participating in these classes, you are agreeing to waive any and all liability to Knock On Wood Tap Studio and its instructors.