Virtual Tap Classes
Summer Session runs from June 22 - August 15. Check here for the class schedule and more details.
KNOCK ON WOOD has gone VIRTUAL! Grab your tap shoes and a portable floor, or grab your sneakers and a
kitchen floor – it’s time for tap class!
All of our classes have shifted to online for the time being, as of March 23, 2020. Classes are interactive, giving students the ability to get real-time questions answered and corrections given. Your instructor will be sending required links to all who have signed up. Using this link will connect you to each class through the platform Zoom.
Here's what you need to know:
1) You DON'T need to download Zoom. Each teacher will send an email before class with the link you'll need to click on, which takes you straight to class.
2) If you can, please download the MINDBODY app to your phone (Apple app is here, or Google Play is here), so you can check in, buy a class card, etc. We are charging our regular tuition for these classes, so this will help us accurately track who is logging in with us. If you already have a registration or a class card, you can continue to redeem those thru these classes. Once you have an account through MINDBODY you can register and and pay through that platform going forward, as well. If you’re not yet set up on MINDBODY and need some help, email us!
3) You should have something to watch class from – a computer or an iPad is best. We DON'T recommend a phone (the quality is worse, and it's hard to see on a tiny screen). You will need an internet connection. Set the screen up somewhere that you can see it clearly and comfortably, and have some free space to move, and turn your volume UP :)
4) Floors and shoes:
5) Get on a teacher's email list! If you haven't already heard from your teacher, or if you're new (or returning after a break) to Knock On Wood, just email us and we can help! Include the level you want to take, the age group of the class you want, and if you're looking for a particular teacher, etc. We can
make sure the right teacher adds you to their email list to keep you in the loop for all their upcoming classes.
We know this isn't perfect, but we hope it's something that keeps us all in good spirits and creating together. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. If you're ready to get back to the dance, download MINDBODY (not the business version, the "regular" version) and create an account if you don't already have one. Email us if you need to be connected to a class/instructor (remember to include your class level). Then, look for an email from your teacher with the link to your virtual class!!
6) Please remember safety first while participating in class without a physical instructor present. Make sure you have parental permission if you are a minor, a safe space to move around in, and do not attempt anything that you do not feel 100% comfortable with. By participating in these classes, you are agreeing to waive any and all liability to Knock On Wood Tap Studio and its instructors.